Granderson, representing the Sunday School Convention
of the State, was also introduced and earnestly contended
for the endorsement of a set of resolutions pertaining to
his work. The resolutions were adopted. Sisters Scott
a,nd Osbore, city missionaries, were introduced to the so¬
ciety and afterwards made earnest and interesting
speeches pertaining to their work among the colored peo¬
ple of the city of Vickburg. Missionaries to various coun¬
ties were appointed as follows :
Warren County—Sister M. C. Hopson.
Bolivar " " MaryDunlap.
Hinds " " Emily Stovall.
Washington " " A. O. Whitley.
Yazoo " " Fannie Barney.
Sharkey " " C. C. Perkins.
Coahoma " " Victoria Wardsworth.
Jefferson " " Angeline Ishmael.
Sunflower " " Benie Hudson.
General Agent— " M. K. Hoiston.
Thirty-three dollars were voted to Natchez College for
the purpose of buying a cooking stove for said institution.
The amount collected at this meeting was $127.75. The
"officers elected were as follows:
President, Mrs. L. C. Dixon.
First Vice-President, Mrs. S. Douglass.
<a) Recording Secretary, Mi^s A. N. Frazier, (b) Assistant
Secretary, Mrs. Lucy Houston.
Corresponding Secretary, Mrs. A. E. Williams.
Treasurer, M. C. Hopson.
Board of Managers.—Mrs. P. W. Walker, President;
Miss G. A. M. Gayles, Secretary; Mrs. Ella Vaughn, Mrs.
L. N. Freeman, Mrs. D. J. Foreman, Mrs. P. Wallace, Mrs.
P. Wallace, Mrs. M. V Turner.
Twenty-eight societies reported 22 annual members
and 30 delegates.
The convention adjourned to meet with the New
Hope Baptist Church, Greenville, Miss., July 2-5, 1894.
The fifth annual session of the G. M. R W. E. Con¬
vention convened in the New Hope Baptist Church of
<Greenville, Miss. Mrs. L. B. J. Dixon called the house to