Jones, Joseph, 1833-1896.; Jenner, Edward, 1749-1823.; Pearson, George, 1751-1828.; Woodville, William, 1752-1805.
Collection: Medical Heritage
Publisher: Baton Rouge : L. Jastremski
- Extract from the Report of the Board of Health to the General Assembly of Louisiana, 1883-1884, with reprints of works by Jenner and others.
- Author served in the Confederate forces as Surgeon Major. Includes color lithographs, some of which are produced from original drawings by the author, including several cases of hospital gangrene observed at the Andersonville Prison and other sites during the U.S. Civil War.
- Jenner, E. An inquiry into the causes and effects of the variolæ vaccinæ. 3d ed. 1801.--Jenner, E. Further observations ... 1799.--Jenner, E.A continuation of facts and observations ... 1801.--Pearson, G. An inquiry concerning the history of the cow pox. 1798.--Woodville, W. Reports of ... inoculations for the variolæ vaccinæ. 1799.--Jones, J. Researches upon "spurious vaccination."
- Electronic reproduction.
- Presentation letter from the author. Gift to the Woodruff Heatlh Sciences Center Library presented by the History of Medicine Collections of Duke University Medical Center Library.
- HEALTH: Added as part of 2008 Rare Book Project.
- Binding missing.
- The online edition of this book in the public domain, i.e., not protected by copyright, has been produced by the Emory University Digital Library Publications Program.