136 Route 14.
Wilder Mann), and follow the road (carriages, see p. 130) vikAldrans
to (2 M.) Amras (p. 134).
A pleasant walk may be taken on the left bank of the Inn, by
St. Nikolaus (p. 133), the chateau of Biichsenhausen (with a brewery
and bathing-establishment), and the Pension Kayser (p. 130), to
C/2 hr.) Schloss Weiherburg(2210 ft.; Pens, and Restaurant), with
a terrace commanding a charming "View of the valley of the Inn, the
Glungetzer, Patscher Kofel, etc. About 800 ft. above the Weiher-
burg (steep ascent of 1/2 hr.) is the cottage of Maria-Brunn (the
'Hungerburg'; Restaurant), which commands a :;;View extending to the
Stubai glaciers; carriage-road back to Innsbruck via Hotting, 2 M.
— We may return from the Weiherburg by (20 min.) Muhlau(2025 ft.;
'■'Stern; Pension Edelweiss), a charmingly situated village, at the
mouth of the wild Miihlauer Klamm (Innsbruck Electric Works,
interesting), and thence to (1V2 M.) Innsbruck, either by the steam
tramway in 17 min. (station Dollinger, near the stern Inn) or on foot
by the handsome suspension-bridge.
A pleasant expedition may be made to (2 hrs.) ' Schonberg at the mouth
of the Stubai-That (p. 146; carr., see p. 130); best views in the morning.
14. From Innsbruck to Salzburg via Kufstein and
123 M. Railway in 172-3 hrs. to Kufstein, and 372-6 hrs. thence to ,Wr-
bnrg. Luggage is examined at Kufstein (in both directions).
Innsbruck, see p. 130. The railway traverses the valley on a
long viaduct, and at Muhlau (see above) crosses the Inn, above the
influx of the Sill. To the right is the chateau of Amras (p. 134).
01/2 M. Hall (1835 ft.; *Blir; *Stern, with garden; Post^ Neu-
airth; *H6t.-Pen$. Vordenralderhof, finely situated 1/2 M. to the E.,
on the right bank of the Inn), a quaint old town of 5760inhab., with
salt-works, to which the brine is conveyed from a distance of 6 M.
The evaporating houses near the station contain a cabinet of models.
Steam-tramway to Innsbruck, see p. 130.
91/2 M. Fritzens; 121/2 M- Terfens. — 181/2M. Schwaz (1766ft.;
'■'Thurm; Stern), a town with 5888 inhab., lies on the left bank of
the Inn, commanded by the chateau of Freundsberg. On a hill to the
right is the Benedictine abbey of Fiecht, restored after a fire in 1868.
The ascent of the 'Kellerjoch (7(80 ft.; 5-572 hrs.; guide not necessary
for adepts) is easy and attractive The route (marked path) leads via
Zintberg and the Pro.ren-Alp to the (3'/2 hrs.) Kellerjoch-Hiltte (6055 ft), and
thence to the (n/2 hr.) summit (fine view). Descent to'Fiigen (p. 131), 372 hrs.
23'/2 M. Jenbach (1735 ft.; "Toleranz, at the station; *Post;
*Briiuh'ius, above the village, with view-terrace; Prantl's Restaurant,
at the station, with rooms), at the entrance to the Achenthal, is the
station for the Zillerthal (p. 137). On the mountain-slope, 2'/4 M.
to the W ., is Count Enzenberg's handsome chateau of Trutzberg.
'To the Achensee, 47* M.. narrow-gauge railway (partly on the rack-
and-pinion system), six times daily in 36 min.; a highly attractive excur¬
sion (fare t II. 36. down 1 II. 2 kr.; retnrn-ticket available for 10 days