128 Section 5. BERLIN. Ethnograph. Museum:
in 1895; and, on the Tempelhofer Ufer, at the corner of the Trebbiner-
Str., the Central Junction of the Electric Elevated Railway (p. 13), in
which the transition from the lower to the upper level is made.
The Anhalt Station (PI. G, 19), in the Askanischer-Platz, is a
handsome brick building erected by Schwechten in 1875-80. The
main hall is 115 ft. in height and as broad as the Linden (200 ft.).
Tramways (pp. 14-21): Nos. 1, 7, 14, 15, 17, 59, 62, 63, 93, 98; Om¬
nibus No. 12 to Alexander-Platz Station.
At Koniggratzer-Str. 112-13, opposite the station, is the Hotel
Excelsior (p. 3), by Boswau & Knauer (1908); farther on, Nos.
57-58, is the Hebbel Theatre (p. 28), by 0. Kaufmann (1908).
The Prinz-Albkecht-Strasse (PI. G, 19, 22) diverges to the E.
from the Koniggratzer-Str. between the Potsdam and Anhalt Sta¬
tions. At the corner on the right is the —
^Ethnographical Museum (Museum filr Vblkerkunde;
PL G, 19), designed by Ende and opened in 1886, the main entrance to
which is in the semicircular structure on the E. side. On the ground-
floor are the Prehistoric Collections (director, Prof. K. Schuchardt)