146 19. PALAIS DU LUXEMBOURG.
43 Couture, Romans of the Declining Empire. 1847.
*65. Paul Delaroche (A. 1856), The sons of Edward in the
Tower of London. 1831.
126. Isabey, Embarcation of De Ruyter and William Pitt
218. Horace Vernet, Meeting of Raphael and Michael Angelo
in the Vatican: 'You are attended by a train like a general's',
says Michael Angelo; 'And you are alone like the hangman',
readily responds Raphael. 1833.
158. Meissonnier, Napoleon III. at Solferino. 1864.
139. Lariviere, The plague at Rome in the time of Nicholas V.
The visitor now traverses a narrow passage opposite the en¬
trance, containing drawings (portraits, buildings, etc.).
In the centre: 301. Perraud, Childhood of Bacchus, 1863.
Then beginning to the r. of the entrance:
299. Oliva, Rembrandt, a bust in bronze; Loison, Victoria;
268. Cavelier, Mother of the Gracchi. 1861.
In the opposite Room:
In the centre: Gatleaux, Minerva after the Judgment of Paris,
a statue in bronze, 1839.
Ingres, Cartoons for the stained glass of the chapel of Dreux,
and that of St. Ferdinand (p. 94). St. Ferdinand bears the
features of the Duke of Orleans (d. 1842), St. Helen those of
the Duchess (d. 1858).
172. Philippoteaux, Louis XV. visiting the battle-field of
Fontenoy (1745). 1840.
In the Room on the right:
*205. Schreyer, Advance of the artillery guard at Traktir,
Aug. 16th, 1855. 1865.
109. Heilbuth, Scene at a pawn-broker's. 1861.
151. Leroux, The new-born child. 1864.
In the Room on the left:
Sculptures. 296. Moreau, Spinner, 1861; 262. Aizelin, Psyche.
*14. Belly, Mecca pilgrims in the desert. 1861.
102. Guillaumet, Evening prayer in the Sahara. 1863.
147. Leleux, Wedding in Bretagne. 1863.
93. Giraud, Spanish dancing-woman. 1852.
In the following Room:
209. Signol, Christ and the Adulteress. 1840.
128. Jacque, Flock of sheep. 1861.
140. Laugee, The painter Le Sueur among the Carthusians.
142. Lazerges, Descent from the Cross. 1855.