Karl Baedeker (Firm); Socin, A. (Albert), 1844-1899.; Benzinger, I. (Immanuel), 1865-1935.; Peters, John P. (John Punnett), 1852-1921.
Publisher: Leipzig : K. Baedeker ; London : Dulau and Co. ; New York : C. Scribner's Sons
- "The first edition of the handbook appeared, in German, in 1875; its writer was Dr. Albert Socin ... The present is the fourth English edition and is based on the sixth German edition ... prepared by Dr. Immanuel Benzinger ... The new section on Mesopotamia and Babylonia has been revised and supplemented by the Rev. John P. Peters ..."--Preface (p. [v]).
- On printed slip pasted in front of t.p.: The excessive zeal of the Turkish censorship sometimes extends even to the confiscation of guide-books. The traveller is therefore advised to place this volume in his pocket before crossing the Turkish frontier or entering a Turkish port.
- Hinrichsen, A.W. Baedecker's Reisehandbücher,
- Includes bibliography (p. xcviii-c) and index.
- Electronic reproduction.
- The online edition of this book in the public domain, i.e., not protected by copyright, has been produced by the Emory University Digital Library Publications Program.