c. Canal Grande. VENICE. 47. Route. 315
Pal. Loredan (17th cent.), re-
sidence of Don Carlos.
Pal. Balbi-Valier (18th cent.).
Pal. Manzoni-Angaran, in the
style of the Lombardi (15th cent.).
(Pl. E, 6), see p. 284.
Accademia di Belle Arti, see
Palazzi Contarini degli Scrig-
ni, one by Scamozzi (1G09), in the
late-Renaissance style, the other
Gothic (15th cent.)
Pal. Loredan or dell' Ambas-
ciatore, 15th cent. (Germán em-
bassy in the 18th cent.; restored
in 1900), with two statues on the
facade ascribed to Pietro Lom¬
*Pal. Eezzoníco (Pl. E. 6), built
by Bald. Longhena (1680), with
a top story by G. Massari (1745).
This is the house in which Robert
Browning died in 1889; memorial
tablet, erected by the Venetian
Munioipality, on the wall facing
the side-canal. It contains cele¬
brated ceiling-paintings by Luca
Giordano and.G. B. Tiepolo (no
Two Palazzi Giustiniani, in the
Gothic style (15th cent.). In the
flrst of these Mr. Howells wrote
his 'Venetian Life'; in the second
(now Pal. Sernagiotto) Richard
in the Piazza di San Marco), by Gius.
Vizzotto-Alberti and Vine. De' Stefani
Pal. Curtís (formerly Bárbaro),
in the pointed style of the 14th
Pal. Franchetti (formerly Ca¬
valli), in the pointed style of the
15th cent, (restored), with fine
windows and a handsome new
staircase by Camillo Boito.
Church of San Vítale (p. 307).
Pal. Levi (formerly Giusti¬
niani- Lolin), of the 17th century.
Pal. Falier (Gothic; 15th cent.),
occupied for some time by Mr.
W. D. Howells.
Cá (i.e. Casa) del Duca Sforza,
a plain house on the grand foun-
dations of a palace begun for
Francesco SfoTza, Duke of Milán,
but left unfinished by order of
Pal. Malipiero, rebuilt in the
Campo San Samuele, with a
church of that ñame.
Pal. Sina (formerly Grassí), by
G. Massari (1705-45), restored by
the late Barón Sina. Frescoes (car-
nival-scenes) on the staircase by
Ponte di Ferro or Ponte dell Accademia (Pl. E, 6; p. 307), con¬
structed in 1854, between the Campo della Carita and the Campo