Arias Montano, Benito, 1527-1598.; Borcht, Petrus van der, 1545-1608,; Broeck, Crispin van den, 1524-ca. 1591,; Bruyn, Abraham de, 1538-1587?,; Huys, Pieter, 1519-1581,; Wierix, Jan, 16th cent.,; Wierix, Jeronimus, 1553-1619,; Sadeler, Jan, 1550-1600,; Plantin, Christophe, ca. 1520-1589,; Gruel, Léon, 1841-1923,
Collection: Early Northern European Books
Publisher: Antverp : Ex prototypographia regia : Christoph Plantinus D.S.P.F.C
- First octavo ed. Cf. Voet.
- Album with illustrations from the Old and New Testament, each accompanied by a Latin poem explaining the meaning of the person or the event, by Arias Montano.
- At head of title: Regi seculor immortali s.
- Illustrations (copper engravings): engraved t.p with the monogram of the designer and/or engraver Pieter Huys; portrait of Christ on p. ; from p.  on, 70 ills. with scenes form the Old and the New Testaments, many with the monograms of the designers (Pieter van der Borcht, Crispin van den Broeck) and of the engravers (Abraham de Bruyn, Pieter Huys, Joannes Wiericx, and Hieronymus Wierick). Each illustration set in one of six engraved borders of flowers, insects. and beasts (one design with monogram of Pieter Huys, one with monogram of engraver Jan Sadeler, and 4 unsigned).
- Signatures: [A]-[B]* C-I* K* ²A-B*.
- Voet, L. Plantin Press,
- Electronic reproduction.
- The online edition of this book in the public domain, i.e. not protected by copyright, has been produced by the Emory University Digital Library Publications Program.
- Manuscript, Archives, and Rare Book Library copy has binder's stamp: Gruel.