Eeveal Thyself to Me.
"He that hath my commandments and keepeth tbem.be It la that
loveth me, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to hlnj."-
John xiv : 21.
Bishop D. A. Payne, D.D., LL.D. W. U. Alexander.
Come, O thou great Emman-u - el, My soul cries out for thee;
2. Come! fill me with that love divine Which puri-fies the soul,
3. Wis - er than serpents,—pure as light,—As harmless as the dove;
4. Our lives we con-se-crate to thee, In thee a-lone we trust;
5. Come, thou great Emmanuel, deign With mortals here to dwell;
6. Thy kingdom come, thy will be done, Here as in heav'n above,
Oh, come, and in my bo-som dwell, Reveal thyself to me.
And let me in thine im-age shine, A new ere- at - ed whole.
Oh, make me perfect in thy sight! If not in deeds,—in love.
From ev-'ry e - vil keep us free, From all un-ho - ly lust.
Come, in our hab - i ta-tion reign. And all things shall be well.
Oh, make it glorious as the sun, And pure as truth and love.
Re-veal thyself, reveal thyself, Reveal thyself to me
Oh, come, and in my bo-som dwell, Reveal thyself tome.