180 D OMESTIC ED UCA TION.
The Consecrated Home.
"Abraham shall surely become a great and mighty nation; for I know
him, that he will command his children and bis household ; and they shall
keep the way of the Lord to do justice and judgment."—Gen. xviii: 18,19.
Bishop D. A. Payne, D.D., LL.D. W. (i. Alexander.
1. My house shall be the house of God, My hearth his altar bright,
2. Lord, let no e vil here preside, No crime thine altar stain:
3. Lord, matt my soul thy temple pure, Let all my tho'ts be thine ;
4. My wealth I con -se-crate to thee, My sons and daughters too
5. Green as the firs 'mid ice and snow,'Mid spring and summer blight,
6. Then when our work on earth be o'er, And all our victories won,
My house be ordered by his word, En-lightened by his light.
Let man ly vir-tues here a bide, And Christian graces reign.
Let all my tal-ents thee a - dore, And worshirj at thy shrine.
From all the vie - es make them free, To all the virtues true.
In all the grac-es let them grow Sym-met-ri - cal and bright.
Bring us to heav-en thee to adore, The glorious Three in one.
Oh, for a con-se-crat-ed home, Which angel guards surround,
A home, a con-se-crat-ed home,Which an-gel guards surround.