Wheatley, Phillis, 1753-1784.; Horton, George Moses, 1798?-ca. 1880.; Odell, Margaretta Matilda.; Knapp, Isaac, 1804-1843,; Pendleton, William S., 1795-1879,; Light and Horton,
Collection: African American Literature
Publisher: Boston : Published by I. Knapp
- Frontispiece portrait of Phillis Wheatley signed: Pendleton [i.e. William S. Pendleton], Boston; Boston. Light & Horton.
- "Of this last  ed. about 200 copies, completed by reprinting a few missing pages, were placed on sale in 1864."--Allibone. Charles F. Heartman, in his "Phillis Wheatley (Phillis Peters) a critical attempt and a bibliography of her writings," (1915), p. 42, cites the Allibone note but states that no copy could be located.
- In the copy in hand, gathering 3 (p. 25-) has been reset in a different typeface and printed on a different paper stock. (In the reset gathering, p.  contains a note found on p. 34-35 of the gathering as originally set.) The evidence of this gathering and the binding suggest that this is one of the copies completed and placed on sale in 1864.
- "Memoir."--p. -35. Written by Margaretta Matilda Odell.
- "Poems by a slave."--p. -155. Written by George M. Horton.
- Electronic reproduction.
- The online edition of this book in the public domain, i.e., not protected by copyright, has been produced by the Emory University Digital Library Publications Program.
- The online edition of this book in the public domain, i.e., not protected by copyright, has been produced by the Emory University Digital library Publications Program.