194 A PRIMER OF COLLEGE FOOTBALL
catch a punt in turn. He should
be taught how to do it properly.
3. Falling on ball, one or two of all
the different kinds of balls, and the
dead ball from a dive in addition.
4. Forwards should be lined up op¬
posite each other and taught the
theory of blocking. The centre
man should snap the ball, and one
side rush through while the other
blocks, and vice versa. While the
forwards are doing this, the backs
may be kicking and catching.
5. A short run for the whole squad
of about two miles.
1. Few starts with the ball.
2. Catching punts for all.
3. Blocking and breaking- through
for the forwards.
4. Kicking and catching for the
5. Falling on the ball.