192 A PRIMER OF COLLEGE FOOTBALL
try a ball moving towards player from
The practice first day should be short,
lasting not more than half an hour, and
ending with a good brisk run of a distance
of a mile and a half.
2d Day. (Three-quarters of an hour.)
1. Catching and passing.
2. Falling on ball. Ball moving
away from player; towards him
from front; towards him from
3. Six mutual scratch starts.
4. Two-mile run for the forwards.
5. Ten minutes' kicking for the backs
and catching for the backs, with
centre man to snap the ball, and
quarter to pass to the man kick¬
3d Day. (One hour's practice.)
1. Falling on the ball-the previous
kinds taught, together with a ball
moving towards player from the