RITUAL U. B. F.
Q. What is a triangle?
A. A figure bounded by three lines
and containing three corners.
Q. For what purpose is it used by
theU. B. F.?
A. The three points allude to the
three principal virtues of our Order,
"Justice, Mercy, and Truth," and the
lines direct us to the principles of Unity,
Brotherly Love, and Friendship.
The Watchful Eye.—We are taught
to have the eye of an eagle to discern
sin at a far distance and flee from it as
from deadly poison, and as swift as an
eagle we should be ready to fly to res¬
cue a brother from danger.
The Grave reminds us that death will, sooner or later, overtake
all of us. Then let us prepare to meet in that grand assemblage
For the First Degree the following properties are needed:
1. Green fire used at the valley of death.
Formula for making green fire:
Nitrate baryta ............60 parts
Chlorate potassa...........18 "
2. A large sheet of zinc or tin for imitating thunder.
3. Two heavy balls for rolling thunder.
4. Ropes for tying around candidates.
5. Chains to rattle, etc.
6. Hoodwinks for candidates.
7. Grass, or some kind of vegetable, such as cabbage leaves,
celery, parsley, or something of that kind that may be chewed without
8. A sprinkling can and water.
9. Painted skeleton, or something representing human bones,
etc., etc., and such other things as may be found advantageous.
All Lodges must provide these properties before they can work
The Master in every Lodge must appoint an Initiation Committee,