Brown, William Wells, 1814?-1884.
Collection: African American Literature
Publisher: Boston : Published at the Anti-Slavery Office
- Narrative of the author's experiences as a slave in St. Louis and elsewhere.
- Stereotyper and 1847 copyright t.p. verso.
- Includes note to third edition on p. [iv]: "The first and second editions of this work, consisting of five thousand copies, were sold in less than a year. I now publish a third edition with a new preface which includes a letter for my old master ... "
- Lib. Company. Afro-Americana,
- Electronic reproduction.
- The online edition of this book in the public domain, i.e., not protected by copyright, has been produced by the Emory University Digital library Publications Program.
- Manuscript, Archives, and Rare Book Library copy imperfect, damp-stained throughout.