SOUTHERN DENTAL CO
1. Thou shalt study thy anatomy with, exceeding
great diligence; from the rising of the sun till the setting
thereof, even so late as till thou readiest the lecture hall.
2. Thou shalt not make unto thee any jacks or images
on the wall; neither shalt thou deface the seat whereon thou
sitteth, lest so great will be the wrath of the faculty they
will visit thy iniquity upon thee.
3. Thou shalt not take the names of the faculty in
vain, nor shalt thou prompt during Saccharose's quiz, for
the Professor of Physiology will not hold him guiltless who
prompts during Saccharose's quiz.
4. Remember the Sabbath day and keep it not holy;
for six days thou shalt labor and do what part of thy work
thou canst; for six days thou workest, take lectures and
study; the seventh thou shalt write to thy parents, prepare
jacks and visit Grant's Park, lest thou be declared an
5. Honor the rules and regulations, so thy days tr.py
be long at the Southern Dental.
6. Thou shalt not kill time, booze nor waste thy
opportunities in riotous living, lest thou be round wanting
in the green room.
7. Thou shalt not speak evil of the faculty, noi
become a faculty knocker, lest thy later days be worse than
8. Thou shalt not carry jacks into the green room;
neither shalt thou receive aid from thy neighbor who sitteth
on the right hand of thee, lest thy fate be twenty-three.
9. Thou shalt not turn thy head on examination;
neither shalt thou look on thy neighbor's paper, lest thou
10. Thou shalt not flirt with the lady students, lest
thou getteth thy heart broken ; neither shalt thou appoint
thyself on the reception committee whilst the hall is filled
with lady patients.
11. A new commandment I give unto thee; that thou
be honest one time on examination if it taketh thy life.
J. R. Lister.