Of Leasing and Purchasing Ground, Sfc.
In this place it may be proper, also, to relate that the
aforesaid two lots of ground, at the corner of Church and
Leonard Streets, were leased for twenty-one years, with
the privilege of purchasing them at any time previous to
the expiration of that term, the price being fixed and
agreed upon for that purpose, and inserted in the Lease,
which was dated July 21st, 1800, and the names of the
Trustees chosen for the Lease, were Francis Jacobs, Wil¬
liam Brown, Thomas Sipkins, Geerge White, George E.
Moore, Thomas Cook, George Collins and Peter Williams.
The lot of ground adjoining in the rear of the two lots
leased as aforesaid, fronting on Leonard Street twenty-
five feet, and one hundred feet deep, being offered
for sale a while after the Church was built, the Trustees
embraced the opportunity and bought it, and having ob¬
tained an old house for a small amount, they brought it on
the Lot, and repaired and fixed it up, with a little addi¬
tion, for a dwelling house, which continued in use until
the building of the brick house now on the same lot, bear¬
ing the No. 62 Leonard Street. In a few years after
the building of the aforesaid Church, it was found to be