Adopted May 18, 1889.
1. The officers of the Board shall be a President, Vice-President, Secre¬
tary, and Treasurer, chosen from the members, and a General Agent.
These officers shall serve until death, resignation, or removal for cause, and
vacancies when thev occur shall be filled bv ballot.
2. There shall be appointed at each annual meeting a Finance Committee
and an Executive committee. The Finance Committee shall consist of three,
and the Executive Committee of five, the President of the Board being
ex-officio one of the five.
3. The annual meeting of the Board shall be held at such place in the
City of New York as shall be designated by the Board, or the President, on
the first Thursdav following the first Wednesdav of October in each vear.
Special meetings may be called by the President or the Executive Com¬
mittee at such times and places as in their judgment may be necessary.
4. A majority of the members of the Board shall be a quorum for the
transaction of business.
5. In case of the absence or disability of the President, the Vice-President
shall perform his duties.
6. The Secretary shall keep a record of the proceedings of the Board
which shall be annually published for general distribution.
7. The Executive Committee, in connexion with the General Agent, shall
be charged with the duty of carrying out the resolutions and orders of the
Board as the same are from time to time adopted. Three shall consti¬
tute a quorum for business.
8. The Finance Committee, in connexion with the Treasurer, shall have
charge of the moneys and securities belonging to the fund with authority to
invest and reinvest the moneys and dispose of the securities at their dis¬
cretion, subject, however, at all times to the instructions of the Board. All
securities belonging to the trust shall stand in the name of "The Trustees
of the John F. Slater Fund/' and be transferred only by the Treasurer
when authorized bv a resolution of the Finance Committee.
9. The General Agent, in connexion with the Executive Committee, shall
be charged with the clutv of carrying out the designs of the trust under the
instructions which mav from time to time be given bv the Board.