[ 104 ]
In 1839, Mr. J. Williams, a member of the Sixth Presbyterian
Church, Dr. J. H. Jones, pastor, by will left $500 to the church.
The Demosthenes Society (colored) also gave a donation of $60
for the use of the trustees.
Subsequently, 1849, Dr. Ashbel Green left by will $50 for the
church, and an equal sum for Rev. C. W Gardner, formerly the