Evans, Augusta J. (Augusta Jane), 1835-1909.; Evans & Cogswell,; West & Johnston,
Collection: Southern Imprints
Publisher: Richmond : West & Johnston
- "To the army of the southern Confederacy, who have delivered the South from despotism, and who have won for generations yet unborn the precious guerdon of constitutional republican liberty: to this vast legion of honor, whether limping on crutches through the land they have saved and immortalized, or surviving uninjured to share the blessings their unexampled heroism bought, or sleeping dreamlessly in nameless martyr-graves on hallowed battle-fields whose historic memory shall perish only with the remnants of our language, these pages are gratefully and reverently dedicated by one who, although debarred from the dangers and deathless glory of the "tented field," would fain offer a woman's inadequate tribute to the noble patriotism and sublime self-abnegation of her dear and devoted countrymen"--P. .
- Crandall, M.L. Confederate imprints,
- Parrish & Willingham. Confederate imprints,
- Electronic reproduction.
- Manuscript, Archives, and Rare Book Library copy in original printed wrappers.
- The online edition of this book in the public domain, i.e., not protected by copyright, has been produced by the Emory University Digital Library Publications Program.