Winkler, Angelina Virginia Walton, b. 1842.
Collection: Regimental histories
Publisher: Austin [Tex.] : E. Von Boeckmann
- The brigade was organized in 1861, under command of J. B. Hood. It consisted entirely of the 1st, 4th and 5th Texas Infantry, the 18th Georgia Infantry and Hampton's South Carolina Legion. In Oct. 1862, the 3rd Arkansas Infantry was substituted for the two organizations last named. Hood's Texas Brigade Association consists almost entirely of members of the three Texas regiments.
- Account first appeared in 1882 in the Texas prairie flower, a journal published by Mrs. Winkler. Approved and endorsed June 27, 1891 by the Historical Committee of the brigade. cf. Pref.
- "Paroles of Army of Northern Virginia surrendered at Appomattox": p. -292.
- "Books of reference": p. vii.
- Electronic reproduction.
- The online edition of this book in the public domain, i.e., not protected by copyright, has been produced by the Emory University Digital Library Publications Program.