Publisher: London : W. Kent & Co
- Short stories.
- Bound in illustrated paper-covered boards.
- Andrew Layton, herbalist -- Colonel Silas Clarke, cavalier and roundhead -- At the Sign of the Star, Fleet Street -- The Devil's Gap -- The Flower of Islington -- The three Jews of Aldgate -- The murder at the Swan Inn, Knightsbridge -- No. 1, Bowling-Inn Alley.
- Hubin, A.J. Crime fiction, 1749-1990,
- Wolff, R.L. 19th cent. fiction,
- Electronic reproduction.
- The online edition of this book in the public domain, i.e., not protected by copyright, has been produced by the Emory University Digital Library Publications Program.