Russell, William.; Craigie, Dorothy, 1901-,; Greene, Graham, 1904-1991,
Publisher: London : J. & C. Brown & Co
- Short stories.
- Preface dated London, 1857.
- Bound in cloth boards illustrated to resemble the paper-covered boards of a yellowback.
- The diamond necklace -- Edward Drysdale -- Malvern versus Malvern -- Brother and sister -- A dark chapter -- Ellen Stephenson -- The wife's evidence -- The temptress -- A lafe assurance -- Jane Eccles -- The puzzle -- Bigamy or no bigamy -- The chest of drawers -- Every man his own lawyer -- The incendiary.
- Hubin, A.J. Crime fiction, 1749-1990,
- Sadleir, M. 19th cent. fiction,
- Topp, C.W. Victorian yellowbacks & paperbacks, 1849-1905,
- Glover & Greene. Victorian detective fiction,
- Electronic reproduction.
- Manuscript, Archives, and Rare Book Library PR copy rebound in half-calf; has armorial bookplate of James Wedderburn Ogilvy and binder's ticket of Carss & Coy, Glasgow; bound with: Russell, William. The game of life. London, ; from the collection of Dorothy Glover and Graham Greene.
- The online edition of this book in the public domain, i.e., not protected by copyright, has been produced by the Emory University Digital Library Publications Program.