Donovan, Dick, 1843-1934.; Craigie, Dorothy, 1901-,; Greene, Graham, 1904-1991,
Publisher: London : Chatto & Windus
- Short stories.
- Bound in illustrated paper-covered boards.
- The story of some remarkable frauds -- A dying confession -- A railway mystery -- Springthorpe's last flutter -- Mrs. O'Flaggerty's jools -- Old Hurricane, the Glasgow forger -- A Glasgow crime -- Out of his own mouth -- A strange conspiracy -- Dumpy Dick, the Glasgow coiner -- The tinker's doom -- The shadow on the blind -- The hangman's prey -- The last shot -- A dark night's work -- Old Jinks's money -- The Prince of Smashers -- The thread of silk -- How the bank was saved -- The Barnfield murder case -- The story of a Christmas fairy -- Taken in the act.
- Topp, C.W. Victorian yellowbacks & paperbacks, 1849-1905,
- Glover & Greene. Victorian detective fiction,
- Electronic reproduction.
- The online edition of this book in the public domain, i.e., not protected by copyright, has been produced by the Emory University Digital Library Publications Program.
- Manuscript, Archives, and Rare Book Library copy from the collection of Dorothy Glover and Graham Greene.